Day 1 - Describe your personality

I used to think I was stubborn and mean.

I also believed when people said that I am not a nice person at all.

I mean, I had no reason to think they lied to me.

Time flew.

Things happened.

I realized their words are totally wrong.

I used to see an ugly and fat girl, standing in front of the mirror, regretted all the things she had in herself because people kept saying that she was less this and that.

I used to hate that person because I thought she was the ugliest, worst person ever.

I didn’t want to hug her because I kept seeing others left her behind.

I thought she didn’t deserve to be loved because she had scars and flaws everywhere.

There she was. Standing in the same position for years, wishing me changing my mind, coming to her and holding her hands were her dreams.

She prayed for years, hoped me come back to her.

Asking for the love from others and being down-graded by others because she wanted others attention became her bad habit.

Season changed.

I was here, alone. Hugging my knees and embracing all the sorrow I had on my head and heart is my routine.

I started to cry over all the things happened in the past.

I regretted all those bad words I said to her.

I realized that girl had been lonely for years.

She was too sad to ask for help.

She was too hopeless to believe there will be another chance for her.

She drowned herself in the pond of sadness and anger, hope that it can bury her.

I ran to her, trying to hold her hands.

I tried to hold her feelings.

I did understand why she hated herself for long time.

I was the one who made it happen.

I ignored her for long time; I always blamed her for every single thing happened in my life.

I promised myself to embrace her, all parts of myself.

I asked myself to let us face the world together.

This time, I wouldn’t blame her for everything. I wouldn’t hurt her to make others happy.

I hope we can go through this life together.

No, I believe we can go through this life together.

 

I think this poem describes myself well. My younger version was a little girl who was not confident enough to see her worth. However, I learn those things in a hard way. I realized that I am more than enough to receive lots of love from others. Although, I can't get love from others, I have promised myself the most. 

 

Komentar